Powered by ZigaForm version

Jimmie Creek

The Jimmie Creek run-of-river hydroelectric power generating plant is located in the Toba Valley, approximately 160 km north of Vancouver, British Columbia. The plant is located on Jimmie Creek, a tributary of the Toba River and has a nameplate capacity of 62 MW with an estimated annual energy output of 159,000 MWh.

The project consists of a concrete intake with rubber dam equipped spillway, a 2.8 km-long steel penstock and concrete powerhouse with steel superstructure housing two 31 MW generators. The plant is connected to Toba-Montrose’s 156 km-long 230 kV transmission line connecting it to the BC Hydro point of interconnection, near Saltery Bay.

Construction began in 2014 and the facility started commercial operation in August 2016. All of the power generated at East Toba is covered by a 40-year power purchase agreement (PPA) signed with BC Hydro, which expires in 2056.

The Jimmie Creek project has been granted the ECOLOGO® certification.


Energy Energía hidroeléctrica
Client BC Hydro
Estado In operation
Commissioned 2016
Acquisition 2018
Capacity - Gross (MW) 62
Innergex participation (%) 51
Partner Axium Infrastructure


Innergex owns a 51% interest in the hydroelectric plant and Axium Infrastructure owns the remaining 49%.